How to tell if your website has been hacked?
- Do you see any strange, unrecognized or inappropriate content on your site?
- Your site started consuming more resources or running slow?
- Do you see unrecognized users, admin users, FTP or email accounts on your site?
- Unrecognized files or folders?
- Customer reporting
stolencredit card after purchasing something from your website?
- Google Chrome, Firefox or other browsers showing a red warning when visiting your website?
- Do you see any unrecognized ads, popups or redirects to other sites?
- Your hosting provider suspended your hosting account?
- If your site is listed as hacked or harmful in Google searches.
- If you
recievea warning from Google webmaster tools or other blacklists.
- If Google Adwords suspended your running Ads.
You can check your website’s security by using this free website malware scanner