sale of 2019 is live until Jan 1st 2020! Get 50% off Websites Security plans,
Server Management plans, Malware Cleanup & Removals, Website Firewall
protection and more.
Our website security solutions include website monitoring, Malware detection, Hack cleanup, Firewall protection and much more!
You can check our Free Website Security Scanner: https://scan.attacker.net/
Our Server Management plans are available for Linux & Windows servers.
You can also
check out our Outsourced Hosting Support services for white-labeled Hosting
Don’t miss checking out our Partnership & Affiliation offers at https://attacker.net/affiliate
Please use this promotion code to claim your discount: welcome2020
We provide a wide range of server management plans. You can completely customize your order or feel free to contact us. All of our experts are highly trained and certified. You can rest assured that you’re always in safe hands.
Our Server Management services:
Linux Server management
Windows Server Management
VPS Node management
Feel free to contact us for any customized or additional requests by clicking here
GHOST is a ‘buffer overflow’ bug affecting the
gethostbyname2() function calls in the glibc library. This vulnerability allows a remote attacker that is able to make an application call to either of these functions to execute arbitrary code with the permissions of the user running the application.
gethostbyname() function calls are used for DNS resolving, which is a very common event. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker must trigger a buffer overflow by supplying an invalid hostname argument to an application that performs a DNS resolution.
A list of affected Linux distros
- RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) version 5.x, 6.x and 7.x
- CentOS Linux version 5.x, 6.x & 7.x
- Ubuntu Linux version 10.04, 12.04 LTS
- Debian Linux version 7.x
- Linux Mint version 13.0
- Fedora Linux version 19 or older
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 and older (also OpenSuse Linux 11 or older versions).
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 for VMware
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 LTSS
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 LTSS
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP4 LTSS
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP3
- Arch Linux glibc version <= 2.18-1
nscd packages on your system using:
Fix for Centos/RHEL/Fedora 5,6,7:
- yum update glibc
- Restart ALL running services or reboot the server as an alternative.
Fix for Ubuntu:
- sudo apt-get clean
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo reboot
This blog will cover the following topics:
- Attacker.NET offers & News
- Security Advisories
- Tutorials & How-To’s
- Genetal IT news, Issues and Best practices